Cooking produces effluents such as grease, grime and smoke. With the exhaust fan on, these effluents are drawn up though the kitchen hood, through the filters and into the air duct over time. It is a common occurrence for the Ducts, Hoods, Fans or Vents of a kitchen ventilating system to overheat and stop working due to the overflow of such effluents that accumulates over time. The build-up of grease and grime could potentially cause a spark due to electrical failure, causing a potential fire hazard!
Using a combination of chemical degreaser, the process of cleaning comprises of removing grease and grime build-up inside the Ducts, Hoods, Fans and Vents. Regular cleaning reduces fire risks and eliminates foul odours.
Regular maintenance of a restaurant’s kitchen exhaust and ventilation system and ducting is one of the primary defence against fire hazards. By keeping these systems working at the optimal level, it will evacuate the smoke and grease out of the building which in turn produces a cleaner, cooler kitchen and most importantly a SAFER working environment for your employees.
Here at WCT, we’re always responsive and ready to serve!